Pan connectors

Is the tension not an issue then? Would it not still be better to relieve it? And at least give me some movement in the toilet in the future without always having to replace the connector!

Sponsored Links
Any time you remove any pan connector from a WC ,you fit a new one. Or risk it leaking !

That's what I'm saying. If I could use the flex in compressed mode instead of at its limit, I would have play without having to disconnect either from the pan or the waste.

Is the tension not an issue then? Would it not still be better to relieve it? And at least give me some movement in the toilet in the future without always having to replace the connector!
How often are you likely to remove the pan, noting the fact that it was there for 6yrs!
Always replace if disturbed and out of sight, the one`s I can see I might test but if in doubt then it simply isn`t worth the risk.

Sponsored Links
Ok ,if it's that much of a concern for you, by all means change the set up.

How often are you likely to remove the pan

I get that. But as above if adding just a single extra part will save me/the next people some aggro in the future for not a lot of money and effort, seems silly not to! If it involved lots of parts and effort fair enough!

Where exactly is it leaking, is it at the pan connector where it connect to the pan spigot on the back of the toilet? If so use a back to the wall flexi connector, it has a full sized jubilee clip that hard fastens to the pan spigot.

Where exactly is it leaking, is it at the pan connector where it connect to the pan spigot on the back of the toilet? If so use a back to the wall flexi connector, it has a full sized jubilee clip that hard fastens to the pan spigot.

Yes, there. The problem with the McAlpine BTW flexi connector is that it's even shorter than the one I have already. So I was looking to reduce the distance by elbowing out the floor, then pan connector straight in to the elbow.

I think that means I need socket-style one end (to go in to the current straight pipe) and normal (110mm) straight end for the pan connector to go straight into. Sorry, the terminology and matching them up to OD etc. gets a bit confusing (socket, spigot, straight, ring seal etc. etc.!!). Is that right, and does that exist?

Last edited:
PS: The fittings like I linked above... are they bi-directional? Does it matter that the (downward facing) connection goes over its connecting piece, rather than inside it?

Ah ok, is it a push fit 110mm socket that's in the floor or just a piece of pipe sticking up that the pan connector is pushed into?

Look at a spigot elbow (or m&f) ringseal.
Take the pipe out of the socket that's in the floor and push the spigot of the new elbow into it. You can get long spigot elbows and can cut the spigot length to suit.

Also, from photos, it looks like flexi is going uphill away from the pan. If this is the case, cut a bit more of an arc out of the decor panel behind the pan, so that there nothing obstructing route to floor outlet.

Ah ok, is it a push fit 110mm socket that's in the floor or just a piece of pipe sticking up that the pan connector is pushed into?

Not push-fit, it's solvent. It's a short length (maybe 3-4") that goes into a 90 double socket elbow which the other end then runs off to the stack. The pan connector then connects in to this short piece, which can't be removed.

Look at a spigot elbow (or m&f) ringseal.
Take the pipe out of the socket that's in the floor and push the spigot of the new elbow into it. You can get long spigot elbows and can cut the spigot length to suit.

As above, that piece is solvent! I found this, but again I'd need the socket bit facing downwards, not upwards. Is this even an issue with solvent (or push fit), as the existing double socket elbow will be the same, as is my t-piece on the outside. There's also a double socket straight coupler.

If it's not a problem in this case also:

https://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/...MIjtmf2cLX6QIVSrDtCh01AQQ9EAQYASABEgK0svD_BwE

??

Also, from photos, it looks like flexi is going uphill away from the pan. If this is the case, cut a bit more of an arc out of the decor panel behind the pan, so that there nothing obstructing route to floor outlet.

It's deceiving I know, but you can slide a hand between the connector and the decor panel, so it's def not the panel propping it up. It probably doesn't help that the flexi can't bend that tight, so wants to form its own way.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back