Pan connectors

Just wondering... the current pan connector is 3 1/2" outlet end. Can you get 4" female to 3 1/2" male couplers?

I could then put the right way round elbow into it.

Sponsored Links
could you get one of these onto the 3-4" stub?

th

Sorry, I meant the 3-4" stub was overall length, with only 1.25-1.5" of it exposed outside the socket.

Even if I could, it would make the pan connector go upwards before going down.

The one I linked to a couple posts ago has a tight bend so would stay lower than the pan spigot.

So I guess the fundamentals are:

Is 1.25-1.5" exposed straight/plain end enough purchase to have safe seal of socket end (whether solvent or push-fit)
Will having the socket end be the outlet end provide a safe seal (whether solvent or push-fit). I'd imagine the seal in push-fit the wrong way around would create a trough

Sponsored Links
A double socket solvent bend would do the job methinks.

Could the outlet end of a pan connector fit directly (and properly) in to a socket end or would I need another stub of pipe?

If you look at Marley product SNE405, it's almost the perfect one - slight angle, the picture shows the solvent end as 'bottom' and the 'depth' looks really short though which would keep it low and be a full fit for the short stub piece I have; the technical diagram shows the push fit end depth to be 60mm (dimension C), so if it's all to correct scale the solvent end can't be any more than 30-40mm (1.1-1.5")

Only problem is the inlet end is socket.

2-sne405.jpg 1-sne405.jpg

Some would say you need a piece of pipe inside the socket to allow the fins to fit in tightly/properly and that would be the proper way to do it. Personally I would see how tight the fins fit into the socket, as I have seen them fit into the socket nice and tightly, and then decide if it needs a section of pipe added but I have these things in stock ready to use.

Ok great. Thanks for all your help everyone.

PS: If I can find a shallow offset bend like the Marley one that has spigot/plain end instead of the pushfit would that be the preferred option?

Personally I would see how tight the fins fit into the socket, as I have seen them fit into the socket nice and tightly, and then decide if it needs a section of pipe added but I have these things in stock ready to use.

Actually, does that apply to both solvent and pushfit sockets?

Yes, both have a socket that is larger than the 110mm pipe so it all depends on how tight the fins fit within the socket. If it's a nice snug fit then all should be fine if it's loose then a piece of pipe would be advised.

Now you have shown us the side view, I'd be tempted to move that toilet unit out of the way and alter the waste coming up through the floor so it is below the level of the pan spigot, then alter the cabinet so the run can be fitted better.

Now you have shown us the side view, I'd be tempted to move that toilet unit out of the way and alter the waste coming up through the floor so it is below the level of the pan spigot, then alter the cabinet so the run can be fitted better.

Just to confirm, the waste coming through the floor is already below the level of pan spigot. I think it's the sharpness of bend that the flexi has to take to get in it, which bows it upwards.

pan spigot center from finished floor: 175mm
top of grey waste from finished floor: 40mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back