Pan Connector + Extension OK to use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm considering buying a WC that has the spigot 215mm set back from the cistern edge, but my soil pipe comes through the floor, next to the wall. Therefore I will require a standard 90-deg pan connector (e.g. McAlpine CON8) + extension piece (e.g. McAlpine CON-EXT). Will this in any way impact upon flushing performance, as there will be next to no drop on the extension, albeit it is relatively short?
Never fitted a toilet before and so unsure of what you can get away with. TIA

Sponsored Links
there are a few BO pans on the market. no need to bodge an adaption.

What is the distance of the centre of your soilpipe from the wall (not the skirting)?

there are a few BO pans on the market. no need to bodge an adaption.

What is the distance of the centre of your soilpipe from the wall (not the skirting)?
Hi John and thanks for responding.

The centre of the soil pipe to the tiled surface is 76mm and so to get to 215mm (ref point?) i'll need to make up 139mm.

Sponsored Links
Here are some examples of BO pans https://www.twyfordbathrooms.com/suites/e100-round/

BO means "bottom outlet"

The spigot emerges vertically to go through the floor which is what you need.

There are a few around that are used in old houses like yours. No elbow required. The distance to wall varies.

I think the ones in this link have a ten inch spacing, you need a three inch.

Here are some examples of BO pans https://www.twyfordbathrooms.com/suites/e100-round/

BO means "bottom outlet"

The spigot emerges vertically to go through the floor which is what you need.

There are a few around that are used in old houses like yours. No elbow required. The distance to wall varies.

I think the ones in this link have a ten inch spacing, you need a three inch.

The house is only 20 years old and it is very common for soil pipes to come out of the floor next to the wall.

McAlpine products are the best out there.....use them with confidence.
The only issue with the flexible ones that I have used (which doesn't apply here) is a little more water noise and if bent to a maximum deflection they can split.
John :)

McAlpine products are the best out there.....use them with confidence.
The only issue with the flexible ones that I have used (which doesn't apply here) is a little more water noise and if bent to a maximum deflection they can split.
John :)
Thanks John and agree about McAlpine stuff.

My only consideration is whether that extension piece, that will mostly be level, has any impact on flushing performance. I suspect not, but I’m really looking for confirmation before I spend rather a lot of money on this particular toilet. I’m limited with space and hence choice and have spent a lot of time looking for the right WC. If using the extension piece is not a problem, and we are good to go!

Thanks all. The price of bathroom fittings has gone through the roof recently, as with everything else, and so it is all the more important to ensure that you buy the right stuff as it is expensive to return it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back