Problem fitting pop-up waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem trying to fit a B & Q basin and tap. The tap is the Select Purity Basin Mixture. Here's a picture of the problem.

The rod at the bottom hits the wall, stopping the mechanism from working. What I can't understand is how this set-up would work in any situation. That rod is always going to protrude back past the back of the basin, so it will always hit the wall that the basin is against. I've tried cutting it with a a hacksaw, but it didn't touch it. So I guess the solution is to cut a groove in the wall. It just seems odd to me that I should have to do that to get it working.

Here is another angle.

Sponsored Links
I The rod at the bottom hits the wall, stopping the mechanism from working.. I've tried cutting it with a a hacksaw, but it didn't touch it.]
You`re trying to cut through chrome plate with the hacksaw :idea: Notch it with a file to break the plating - or use a dremel if you have one ;)

Sponsored Links
Job done now. Just needed a bit more elbow grease. Thanks for the replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back