Problem sending E-Mail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Advent laptop with XP. Suddenly it has decided not to send E-Mail, receive is OK. When I try to send it throws up an error message thus:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Fw: thanks', Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 See http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

The computer was switched off and disconnected from mains over Xmas and on restart had lost its Cmos settings, whether this is relevant I do not know.

Any help will be appreciated. TIA

Sponsored Links
No, it's at BT's end, I've had this, good luck phoning BT support, you'll need it.

Thanks for your reply. This is not a BT problem, another laptop running on the same wireless modem is OK

Sponsored Links
Yes it is the same account, however, I have just discovered that text e-mails send OK, Its e-mails with pictures attached that will not go.

Ok, then rather than do it to death myself, just put 0x800CCC0F into google it'll throw out loads of stuff, usually about SMTP authentication.

Thanks for all the help, it seems the problem was trying to send a too large file.

Sponsored Links
Back