PROBLEM WITH ACL LIFESTYLE LP111

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone please help with my heating problem, im completely useless when it comes to DIY?

I have a ACL LIFESTYLE LP111 control for my heating system, when you turn the select button on to either, TIMES or ON nothing happens and the boiler does not come on but there is instant hotwater when the shower or taps are turned on, and the boiler does come on.

Just wondered if there was a fuse or anything in the box? Or if anybody had a similar problem or can give me a clue?

The misses is driving me crazy moaning!!!!!!!!
Kind Regards

Sponsored Links
Have you got a room stat and is it turned up? Is the roomstat wireless?
Is the stat on the front of the boiler turned up (probably have two one for hot water and one for heating)?
... Most likely is that the LP111 is knackered - I have replace them all the time!

Have you got a room stat and is it turned up? Is the roomstat wireless?
Is the stat on the front of the boiler turned up (probably have two one for hot water and one for heating)?
... Most likely is that the LP111 is knackered - I have replace them all the time!

Hi,
No roomstat, and not sure about the boiler. but it was all working fine for the last 3 years until saturday.
Is it common for the LP111 to be knackered?
Regards

Does sound like the LP is at fault, they are virtually throw away. I've fitted some that haven't even lasted 6 months. If you find a new Drayton LP111 (same thing new name) and loosen the two screws underneath the timer you can unhinge the old one and change it for another one quite easily. Remember to turn the power off to the boiler (spur or plug+socket).

Sponsored Links
Does sound like the LP is at fault, they are virtually throw away. I've fitted some that haven't even lasted 6 months. If you find a new Drayton LP111 (same thing new name) and loosen the two screws underneath the timer you can unhinge the old one and change it for another one quite easily. Remember to turn the power off to the boiler (spur or plug+socket).

Hi,
Thanks for that, might sound daft but how do you turn the power to the boiler (spur or plug+socket.) Is there no wiring etc that will be required if I attempt to do it myself.
Regards

The modern timers all fit on a standard 'backplate' that the wiring attaches to, so you can remove the timer without disturbing the wiring at all!
If you look around the boiler you should see a cable going off somewhere, maybe to a switch with a fuse next to it, or maybe into a standard plug socket. You can of course do it live, just don't touch the live terminals on the backplate!

The modern timers all fit on a standard 'backplate' that the wiring attaches to, so you can remove the timer without disturbing the wiring at all!
If you look around the boiler you should see a cable going off somewhere, maybe to a switch with a fuse next to it, or maybe into a standard plug socket. You can of course do it live, just don't touch the live terminals on the backplate!

Sorry to be a pain.
Would it be the timer part that isn't working as it wont come on if you turn it to ON and not the timer????

Sorry I don't see what you mean, did you mean to write timer twice? The backplate has no electronics on it at all, just a row of connections. The faulty part is the actual timer itself.

Sorry I don't see what you mean, did you mean to write timer twice? The backplate has no electronics on it at all, just a row of connections. The faulty part is the actual timer itself.

Sorry bear with me.
The heating wont come on even if you switch it to ON and not to TIMER.

Oooh I thought you meant you turn it to timed/on and nothing happened (at the timer itself!). Hmmm could take cover off boiler and look for electrical connections, will see L N E and two other connections. These two other connections can be linked out and upon turning the power back on the ch should fire, if it doesn't then its the boiler and not the lp111.

Oooh I thought you meant you turn it to timed/on and nothing happened (at the timer itself!). Hmmm could take cover off boiler and look for electrical connections, will see L N E and two other connections. These two other connections can be linked out and upon turning the power back on the ch should fire, if it doesn't then its the boiler and not the lp111.

Nothing happens at the control or at the boiler but the boiler comes stright on as soon as the shower or tap are turned on, so my thinking was it couldn't be the boiler but i really dont have a clue?

Make and model of your combi boiler will help people

Hi,
The combi boiler is a worcester bosch. Im sure its not the combi boiler as there is hotwater on demand when the shower or hottaps are turned on.

Still struggling all help will be greatful.

Kind Regards

Dont think because it works on hot water it means the boiler is ok.
You need to do simple test and check boiler.
Turn power off remove clock .
There will be 4 or 5 connections used

Live Neutral and possibly earth(but not always) leave these alone
There will be 2 other wires in connections 1 and 3 take the one out of 3 and put it in 1 (bypasses switching circuit in timer). Then put the clock back on and power up.

If the boiler now fires up the clock is at fault if it doesn`t its the boiler

Connections on back plate are N L 1234

Dont think because it works on hot water it means the boiler is ok.
You need to do simple test and check boiler.
Turn power off remove clock .
There will be 4 or 5 connections used

Live Neutral and possibly earth(but not always) leave these alone
There will be 2 other wires in connections 1 and 3 take the one out of 3 and put it in 1 (bypasses switching circuit in timer). Then put the clock back on and power up.

If the boiler now fires up the clock is at fault if it doesn`t its the boiler

Connections on back plate are N L 1234

Hi,
Thanks for that, I will check tomorrow as Im working away tonight and will let you know.
Figures crossed its only the box and not the combi-boiler as they appear to be a lot dearer.
Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back