Problem with Boiler/Drayton RF Plus/Wireless Receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi...

I hope that someone can help me.

I'm a private home owner and I'm having issues with my central heating system.

Basically (the latest) problem is that at least once every 2 days I have to reset the connection between the wireless stat and the wireless receiver for the boiler to fire up.

As soon as I do the system fires up and all is well...for a short amount of time...heating stops working...reset again and away we go again.

I've used a different stat and the problem persists..changed batteries...

The distance between the stat and receiver is between 15 and 20 metres.

I'm happy to replace stuff...just need to know what to do..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Every drayton wireless stat I have come across, have the faults you describe. It is normally the scr unit.

Replace it with a Honeywell unit. Either the cm727 or cm927. You will never look back.

Sponsored Links
Every drayton wireless stat I have come across, have the faults you describe. It is normally the scr unit.

Replace it with a Honeywell unit. Either the cm727 or cm927. You will never look back.

Thanks for the advice, I've looked at the spec on this and it appeared to say that it was suitable for boilers with a load of up to 30KW.

I have a 42KW boiler...is there any wireless product out there that will work reliably or do I need to revert to wired?

Thanks Again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back