Problem with Danfoss radiator valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of the radiators in my house has stopped heating up. It was working fine until last week; now it doesn't heat up regardless of the setting on the Danfoss thermostatic valve. The inlet pipe gets warm but that's all. I am assuming that the valve is stuck in the 'closed' position. How can I remove and examine the valve? I can't see any way to get it off the radiator. Any help appreciated! Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links
Picture would help but if there are no obvious screws try twisting the ring at botto of valve body or give the valve body a few sharp taps to try and free the pin

Thanks namsag. After mucho fiddling I found a sort of peg thing in the lower black ring of the valve head. When this was prised out I was able to twist the ring and pull the valve head off the rad to reveal the pin. The pin was not seized and when I pulled it out water spurted from the valve, so I popped it back in again. But still no hot water flowing into the rad. So I guess the mechanism inside must be seized? Anything I can do about this that doesn't involve draining down?

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your suggestions. I just need to find out what model TRV I am dealing with – can't see anything on the body except the word 'Danfoss'.

A big thank you to all those who chipped in on this one. The radiator now appears to be working normally again – and not a moment too soon in the current weather conditions! :)

I can't get one of these valve heads off.... Any tips for stubborn ones?

The black plastic ring at the base only tuns about 45 degrees, tried encouraging it with my pump pliers... next step seems to be break it off :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back