Problem with Honeywell HCW80 wireless thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We recently bought a new house which has a Vaillant boiler which uses a HCW80 thermostat and a HC60NG relay module.

However after we took the batteries out of the HCW80 and replaced them we have been unable to get thermostat to communicate with the HC60NG.

I have followed the instruction as follows:

1. Press the teach button on the HC60NG for 15sec until the red light flashes.
2. Press the teach button on the HCW80

As soon as I do this the light stops flashing on the HC60NG but when I move the dial on the HCW80 nothing happens?

Should the red light be on, on the HCW80? The light only comes on when I press the send button?

Can someone please help?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you don't have the instruction booklet then Google....Honeywell hcw80 and you can download all the relevant instructions.The module my well require a reset.

Take the batterys out and double check you have them fitted correctly, put them back in and leave the stat for a minute then try turning up the stat and see if its working.

If you don't have the instruction booklet then Google....Honeywell hcw80 and you can download all the relevant instructions.The module my well require a reset.

I have the instruction booklet and have followed them, however It still isnt working.

What I wanted to establish was, should the red light on the HCW80 be on all the time or does it only come on when it communicates with the HC60NG?

I have checked the batteries are in the correct way too.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Take the batterys out and double check you have them fitted correctly, put them back in and leave the stat for a minute then try turning up the stat and see if its working.

Hi,

I've taken the batteries out and replaced them with new ones but when I put them back still nothing happens?

The boiler was turned off for about 2weeks when we 1st bought the house, do you think this has something to do with it?

Thanks in advance

press and hold the button on the HC60 for at least 15 seconds, the red led will start to flash rapidly, when it does your in factory reset,

press and hold the teach in button of the HC60 for 5 seconds to enter teach in mode, when the red led flashes on/off its entered teach in mode,

press the teach in button of the HC80 to send the binding signal to the HC60,
the led on the HC60 will go off to confirm success.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back