Problem with masonry paint on concrete block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am trying to paint an interior concrete breeze block wall but having problems - basically a poor paint finish with light cracking and flaking in places. Its most prevalent around the mortar joints and areas where I may have put the paint on a bit thick trying to get a good coverage.

I dont know if it is down to the cheap Aldi masonry paint or poor technique. Ive applied a mist coat using standard emulsion which went on sound. I can't say I found the paint particularly good to work with, even when using a masonry brush. The paint is 12 months old and has been in the garage over winter (so may have been affected by the cold weather in Dec).

Appreciate any views before I start again with either a normal washable emulsion or perhaps Dulux Weathershield (maybe a further slightly watered down first coat and then a full coat).

BTW, does anyone have any tips for painting breeze blocks where there are lots of small holes (is it the watered down coat where you aim to get coverage in these places).

Many thanks,
Damian

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back