problem with miele tumble tryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Miele T8722 vented tumble dryer.

Jusr recently, after 1.5 years normal, faultless use, the machine started to cut out with the clean out airways light showing.
Sometimes it would take 3 attempts to get a load dry.

I have changed the setting to not show the clean out airways warnings but the problem still persists, although not as regularly as before

I have cleaned the filter and the half moon vents. I have custom made a long thin brush and a long attachment for my vacuum and have cleaned every possible part of the airways.

It still has 3 months left on the warrranty, but i'm loathe to call an engineer, the machine not throw up the fault and be charged £100 for the callout.

Any ideas?

Regards

kevin

Sponsored Links
call them and register the fault....Its not your job to prove that its faulty. If you tell them its faulty but its intermittent they cannot really say its working fine. If you inform them of the fault before the warranty runs out, it doesnt matter if they have not fixed it before the warranty runs out - you informed them within the warranty period.

What i tend to do if i have an intermittent fault with an appliance is call them and tell them about it, arrange an engineer visit and then the next time it fails i record the fault lights etc on my camera phone. If the engineer visit is a few days away i normally just use it until it goes into fault and then leave it in that state until they come....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back