Problem with my valiant convy boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A little advice of what the problem is with my valiant convy boiler before I call a gas engineer Please?

Every now and then when running my hot tap the boiler fails and you get cold, the only way you can sort the problem is to turn off the electric suppy to the boiler then turn back on the boiler will then go into a pre heat and the problem is sorted, when I did that reset last night there was a sound of a servo struggling to open, then the boiler fired up. Any advice appreciated ?

Sponsored Links
It's an ecotec combi is it? The noise you're hearing is just the diverter valve moving if so, how old is it? Has it ever been serviced?

We moved in tge house dec 12 the service was done then, the valve we are talking about is it electronic ? I guess the boiler is no older than 5 years but that's a guess

Sponsored Links
I am wondering if the DHW flow sensor has failed and putting it into preheat is just bypassing the problem.

A competent boiler engineer would be the usual solution.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back