Problem with Quinn Slieve radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had some Quinn Slieve radiators fitted about 18 months ago 5 horizontal and 1 vertical and noticed just recently that all the horizontal ones are relatively cold at the bottom compared to the top, the vertical one is fine, got my plumber back to balance the system which he did to some degree but the still seem exactly the same cold at the bottom warm at the top, called him back in which he took some of them off to flush them out but all was clear as a bell. When they were originally fitted I had a lot of other plumbing work so the whole system was flushed out many times, any ideas what could be causing this. I have the owner of the plumbing firm coming round tomorrow to discuss a solution as Quinn went into liquidation last year so the guarantee that they came with is no longer valid how should the owner of the plumbing firm deal with this, I spent around £4000 having all the new plumbing work done.

Sponsored Links
Heat rises, most rads are cooler at the bottom than the top, and ideally on a modern system there should be a 20°C difference between the flow and return. If they're hot all over, your pump speed is too high.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back