Problem with Sarigas Zoom Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately we inherited this Sarigas Zoom (Mod Z420A) boiler (LPG) when we bought our house. Struggled to start it originally, however once going it worked ok apart from occasionally locking out. This seemed to get gradually worse, then the water only seemed to get luke warm. Lately I can only fill the bath about 3in before it stops working. The hot water just cuts out however the light doesn't come on to show it's locked out.
The heating will come on for a couple of mins and again just cuts out, however the pump still stays running.

I've had two separate people look at it - one reckons it's an intermitent pcb fault and the other thinks it could be the thermisters. The 2nd said however that he couldn't guarantee that it would work by changing these.

Has anyone any ideas as I really could do without having to buy a new boiler. I have no idea how old it is but reckon maybe 8-10 years.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've had two separate people look at it - one reckons it's an intermitent pcb fault and the other thinks it could be the thermisters. The 2nd said however that he couldn't guarantee that it would work by changing these.

Thanks

You dont identify failed componends by "reckoning" !

You measure their resistance !

Better to call a boiler engineer.

Tony

Whilst an intermittent PCB can be difficult to identify anyonw who does not know how to test a sensor should not be calling themselves a boiler engineer.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Most SARIgas Spares are in stock at

ESL Spares
European House
Station Drive
Tewkesbury
Bredon
GL20 7HH

Telephone - 01684 773737 or 01684 773747

To FAX an Order - 01684 773222

Its now two years since the posting you replied to!

It may be useful to record who stocks spares for a sarigas however I have yet to see one and have to make do with a sari being worn!

View media item 12966

Calum123 is right.

SARIgas as a boiler manufacturer was based in Verona in Italy, they sold boilers throughout the european boiler market but unfortunately did not survive the economic downturn of a few years ago.

When they went out of business a company called ClimaTeC ( www.sarigas.it ) took responsibilty for supplying the spares for SARIgas boilers.

ESL Spares lists all the available spares for all models of SARIgas boilers that were sold in the UK.

Their website www.eslspares.com has parts lists ( in Italian!!!) and sells all spare parts that are still available.

www.heatingadvice.info

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2123948#2123948#ixzz1Yo965mpn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back