Combi Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all hope your all well and have had a good weekend.

I have a major problem with my boiler i have a glowworm 100e the main prolem is it cutting out. The lock out light does not come on but the boiler doesn't work. This seems to be a intermitant problem.

The boiler at first seems to work fine and then all of a sudden stops no heat or water if you then leave the boiler a while and then switch it of and then back on it works again for awhile. at the weekend the removed the heating thermister and cleaned the sensor and ensured the wires where all connected correctly and the boiler worked thursday till sunday evening with no problems then all of a sudden it started with it's problems again. I personal can't see the thermister causing this problem but please i'm open to being proved wrong. I possible think the cut off sensor could cause this problem but not sure. Any advise would be helpful

Many Thanks

Dan

Sponsored Links
I would suggest that you monitor the system flow switch if ther pump still runs.

Could be a PCB fault though if the pump does not run when it does not work?

Tony

hi thanks for your reply
I can here the pump still running. is it a matter of a replacment you is it just a build up of gunk on the flow switch

Many Thanks
Dan

hi this may seem a bit of a stuipd question but which one is the system flow switch i'm thinking you mean the pressure differentail micro switch am i correct

Many Thanks
Dan

Sponsored Links
Would it just be the diapraph or am i best replacing the switch please also which one is it

Many Thanks
Dan

hi all just an update and more help if possible.

Iv changed the pressure dif switch and diapram i have also changed the o/heat stat but still seem to have the same problem the heating comes on for a while and then dead gone until the pump stops and i switch it off at the mains.

The reason i changed the o/heat stat is becuase if you remove it from the pipe the boiler runs fine or well it did for the all of last night. the temp sensor controled the heat fine changing the gas speed to control the heat every thing so i changed it but the proplem is still there.

I think the pumps working all the rads get hot is there anyway to test it.

I could really do with some help the engineer i've called out is at a lost too. He seems to think the pump is ok. he maybe thinks it could be the pcb but could not explain why when you take the o/heat stat of it works fine so was kind of ruling the pcb out

Please Help

Many Thanks

Daniel

Hi could it be as simple as the temp sensor being in the wrong place or the o/heat stat or even them being the wrong way round for example the o/stat first then the temp sensor such as

------tempsensor-----o/stat--------heat

Many Thanks

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back