Problem with smell in toilet hole + low water in adjacent toilet

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a toilet that has low water. + another toilet hole where we have a bad smell.
(It's a toilet hole - we haven't installed a toilet, but have all the plumbing done. They're 1-2m apart separated by a wall.)
I know the boys managed to clog up the water in toilets with tissue paper - upstairs.

I used a large cup of baking soda and mixed with 2 large cups of white whine vinegar.
That got rid of the smell in the toilet hole.
But then the water in the toilet went low.

I poured hot water and liquid down the toilet (after seeing a video on youtube).
Not sure if it had an effect?

We have a shower opposite the toilet. The water wasn't going down. The problem was helped by the actions mentioned above - but hasn't completely gone.

What should I do?
Try baking soda and vinegar a few more times?
Or just buy a toilet flush chemical from the supermarket?

Oh... I thought I would make clear... the tissue paper being clogged would have happened in a toilet upstairs - the pipe for this comes before the downstairs toilet where we have the problems. Is this relevant?

(I've seen videos on how to increase the water level in the toilet - but that doesn't solve the entire problem!)

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If it's an open pipe or a toilet without water in it then you will get bad smells from the sewers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back