came home to low water levels in two separate toilets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i came home to abnormally low water levels in two separate toilets on the first floor of my home. after flushing one of the toilets (with no solid matter in the toilet), the water filled to the brim and started to overflow until I turned off the valve manually. several hours later, the water level in that bowl is back down to an abnormally low level. i'm too afraid to even flush the second toilet for fear that an overflow will happen again. when i went upstairs, the water level in that toilet seemed normal. what is going on?

Sponsored Links
i came home to abnormally low water levels in two separate toilets on the first floor of my home. ?
That`s the Ground Floor here in the UK ;) still a blockage down the line somewhere - a job for Roto Rooter

Sponsored Links
i don't have a septic tank.

if it is a blockage in the sewer line, why would it only affect only 2 of the 4 toilets in the house?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back