Low water level in Toilet bowl.

He mean in th bottom 1/2 channel at the back of the manhole. Looks capped off to me.

Which way did the bit of water come through when you flushed?

Sponsored Links
If your only getting a bit of water through then chances are the rest of it is escaping through an open joint and leaving solids behind.

no east not the little white blob ,to the right of it ,under the light coloured brick and at the end of the channel .

Sponsored Links
As I now understand, the manhole should have two exits for water but one of our one might be blocked by these white substances.

Lift up the manhole cover and get someone to flush all toilets twice while you look into the manhole to see any movement.

Andy

not quite ,one exit two inlets. the one that water flowed down when you hosed it is exit. if the one I think MAY be blocked, is bringing waste into the mh. but it can't get in .it may not even be an inlet ,but we need to know. by the way those WC plungers are not up to much .to unblock a WC maybe OK, but you have a pipework problem communal to 2 WC 's. doubt its gonna be much use .

Hi folks,
I just opened the drain cover, and asked the kids to flush both loos and no water was seen coming through! Not sure where water goes.

The white substance is not white but the original colour of the drain, the end is sealed by hard plaster like substance.
I attach photo. now you can see both ends.

drain2.jpgmanhole1.jpg

Last edited:
Stick something sharp in the ground around that manhole, there could be another for foul. You would hear a dull thud when you hit the lid.

Or phone someone to CCTV down from your soil stack.

Stick something sharp in the ground around that manhole, there could be another for foul. You would hear a dull thud when you hit the lid.

Or phone someone to CCTV down from your soil stack.
We re-paved the surrounding area, and left this manhole upaved, for access. The rest of the area is lawn. When we dismantled the original paving this was the only metal lid in the back garden and there is none in the front.

is soil stack on the opposite side of the house to the mh then ? are you sure there is no manhole on the side of the house where soil stack is ? photo of stack / house .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back