Toilet cistern leak into the bowl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Ive noticed a trickle from the cistern into the toilet bowl.

The overflow is above the water level so its not that. What else could it be?

IMG_2130.JPG

Perhaps I should try and adjust the white spindal top left of picture? (I presume the blue plastic piece to the right of it controls the water entering the cistern?).

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2131.JPG
    IMG_2131.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 89
Sponsored Links
If the water level isn't reaching the overflow spillover level ,then the float valve ( filling valve ) isn't the issue.
It is the seal within the flush valve ,or the seal between the flush valve and the cistern. More likely the former.

That's a torbeck variflush, 1/4 turn clockwise to release and the flush valve body will lift out. Check the seal and contact surfaces for dirt/grit. If still leaking when refitted then you can buy a new one and just refit as previous. Always make sure the seal and faces are nice and clean.

That's a torbeck variflush, 1/4 turn clockwise to release and the flush valve body will lift out. Check the seal and contact surfaces for dirt/grit. If still leaking when refitted then you can buy a new one and just refit as previous. Always make sure the seal and faces are nice and clean.
Thanks.
So I should turn water off going into the cistern with spanner; flush the toilet; sponge out any water thats left; then do as you suggest?

Sponsored Links
Thanks.
So I should turn water off going into the cistern with spanner; flush the toilet; sponge out any water thats left; then do as you suggest?
Turn off water supply and flush WC.
No need to sponge out ,then do as madrab advised.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back