Toilet problems......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tonight my toilet started making glugging noises and on inspection it was large air bubbles in the water ( which was at normal level), I flushed it and it filled almost to the brim before slowly returning to its normal level. Flushed it again and it worked properly, fast flush, normal water level. Now I have a problem with the water level in the bowl dropping after an hour or so to a level where air is being drawn through the bend and the toilet is noisy again. I have flushed it repeatedly but the water level in the bowl is still slowly dropping. The problem with the dropping water level first happend about 2 months ago, lasted an evening and has been ok since. I have no water leak from the actual toilet, the carpet around it is dry. Any thoughts?????

Sponsored Links
There's a blockage in the pan connector or soil pipe.

Have you lost anything from the bathroom?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back