Problem with Worcester Greenstar 30CDi Gas Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would really appreciate some advice on this problem. The boiler is new, fitted only 4 months ago. The hot water works fine. The central heating works fine when its on but the system has developed an intermittent problem in that on most occasions the heating does not start up at the required time.
When the 'on' period is reached the flame symbol appears on the digital programmer and all appears to be ok. However, more often that not the heating does not come on. If I go to the boiler and press the reset button the heating starts up immediately and stays on until the next 'off' period.
Anyone got any ideas? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes, going to do that but having trouble contacting him. Probably on holiday. Just trying to find out if there's a simple solution that I can sort out myself. Thanks.

Be aware that changing anything that does not come under normal user control, could invalidate the warrantee.

is the heating "on" light occasioonally flashing red?

if the boiler can't get a signal from the room stat it appears to drop back into a 'dumb' mode without the functionality you might expect.

just a thought...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back