problematic potterton combi 100/puma 100 ch fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am trying to help a friend out with a problematic potterton boiler. The boiler switches on fine and has no problem supplying ample hot water but is lacking in the heating department. She can only get a maximum of around 3 radiators working at one time, i have read that these boilers suffer problems with the wax capsule in the diverter valve but would like another opinion before changing this.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry don't really have a different opinion its usually the capsule as long as the system isn't full of muck and the pump is running properly....not a job I'd envy anyone taking on either.

dripping hot taps can cause the problem too. They stop the wax capsule from getting the right heat readings to tell it to move.

Sponsored Links
i'm pretty sure i can rule out the dripping tap problem as i isolated the mains after reading someones post on a similar boiler, i have recently removed the majority of old pipework (as it was al 15mm) and renewed so i dont think there is a blockage, and when the water was drained it wasn't very mucky.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back