strange potterton puma divertor valve ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys.. Didnt get much time to look much at this 1 but tenant advised radiators heat up when DHW is on...

This is a potterton puma 80 e

I didnt think this could happen with the wax capsule Puma divertor valves SO MAY need to investigate further??

anyone else had this ??

surely it can only be the divertor valve if indead this is the problem?? just didnt think this was possible with a wax diverter valve and havent come accross it before.. Seen it on many other valve types but not this type ???

ps. These have got to be the worst boilers out there from potterton..

Sponsored Links
The Potty Puma diverters work by opening a path between the flow and return thus shortcircuiting the central heating system.

If the diverter was seized up the this would happen! Or if it was partially blocked.

Tony

Agile said:
The Potty Puma diverters work by opening a path between the flow and return thus shortcircuiting the central heating system.

If the diverter was seized up the this would happen! Or if it was partially blocked.

Tony

Tony are you suggesting it may be stuck in mid position between the two ??

is there a quick fix or strraight replacement ??

That is what I am suggesting.

There is never any quick fix!

You either replace the whole thing or take it apart and check it out and then see if it can be cleaned. I would boil it in citric acid for a start!

Tell us what you find.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
That is what I am suggesting.

There is never any quick fix!

You either replace the whole thing or take it apart and check it out and then see if it can be cleaned. I would boil it in citric acid for a start!

Tell us what you find.

Tony

Will do mate...

hate doing these things... first few I was able to remove the capsule from the front but last few just rounded my allen keys and had to take the full valve out. All you get is leaks everywhere and a very tricky job !

Yes and all you get is grief from the tenants. At least when it's a homeowner you get a modecum of understanding, tenants are all me me me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back