Potterton Puma 80e Diverter Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved into our new house 3 weeks ago and last Sunday the central heating just stopped working. We can still get hot water from our Potterton Puma 80e but no heating. A corgi registered plumber friend mentioned the diverter valve so I phoned the service number on the manual. When I finally got the right number, they asked me for the serial number and told me that because the boiler was just over 10 years old (by a couple of weeks) they couldn't help me.
My plumber friend says it's really hard to get the spares, but we really don't want to get rid of the whole thing because of 1 valve. Any ideas? Is it worth repairing? Anyone know where I might get the part?
Diverter Valve complete part no :
Potterton 929651, Gas Council 289718
Diverter Valve Wax Capsule part no
Potterton 929803 Gas Council 289741

Sponsored Links
try Curzon(Baxi potterton)Try a new waxstat before you change diverter valve

Cheers guys, anyone else with any ideas would still be grateful, especially in the Sheffield area!

Sponsored Links
First check you don't have ANY hot taps dripping - that would stop the heating working, believe it or not.

No problems to get spare for a puma. I have a few diverters, can send you a whole one for £40 + postage. It's not so easy to get just the wax bit as far as I'm aware, but you can easily take it out of the diverter and try it.

Brilliant cheers Chris, just want to check with my plumber friend he's not managed to buy one & not told me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back