problems with a noisy water pump

HAVE THE VALVES STICKING UP SO AM HOPEFUL. HOW DO I ENSURE THE PUMP IS PUMPING THE RIGHT WAY? IF I REPLACE IN THE SAME POSITION AS PREVIOUS PUMP(SAME WAY ROUND) WILL IT PUMP THE RIGHT WAY? IF NOT HOW DO I ADJUST

Sponsored Links
I AM GOING TO BUY THE NEW WATER PUPMP TOMORROW, THE BROKEN PUMP IS A WILO 50. CAN ANY OTHER BRAND GO IN? ARE ALL STANDARD PUPMS SAME SIZES ETC, I JUST WANT TO DO A STRAIGHT SWAP WITHOUT MESSING AROUND WITH PIPES ETC, PLEASE ADVISE

have fitted new pump. i found identical model, like for like. I fitted it in the same position as old one but leaflet says this is wrong position. I can hear the pump working but the rads are still cold. does this mean that air is in the system. I have bled the rad closest to water tank but it heats up at top of rad and stays cooler at the bottom. what should I do? is it the pump in wrong position or air in the system?

Sponsored Links
only a guess but it could be a sludge problem ,try putting washing-up liquid into your header tank,drain some of the water off so that it enters the system :idea:

Breezer, the impellar on the Grundfos has been plastic for a considerable time. Motor housing is alloy. Body is steel and liable to rust as you rightly suggest.

Impellar use to be SS at one time but I suspect is made of plastic as a cost cutting exercise.

Rayman where did you get washing up liquid advise from. All those reading I shout> DO NOT USE WASHING UP LIQUID. It will kill your system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back