problems with bathroom extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bathroom extractor fan makes a lot of noise, mainly a high pitched wailing screaming type of sound. I've taken the front off, and there's a lot of paper jammed into it, maybe the previous tenants trying to drown out the noise or maybe this is what is causing the noise? There appeared to be a live wire there which i didn't want to get too close to so i put the front back on and left it, should i pull the paper out, or get someone round to fix it or can i replace it myself? At the moment the noise is too loud and unpleasant to ignore, any advice would be great.

Sponsored Links
Firstly get the paper out before it catch's fire.....extractor fans are easy to replace as long as you get the same size....just make sure the power supply if OFF to the fan and happy days....no noisy fan (hopefully)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back