Problems with Baxi Solo 2 30 pf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into a house five years ago that has a Baxi Solo 2 30pf boiler. The house is 12 years old so the same age as the boiler.
Approximately 2 years ago i had my first problem, where the fan motor burnt out. I replaced the fan with a new one.
Twelve months later the fan burnt out again and i replaced it again. At this point i noticed that the PCB needed attention.
Over the last month my boiler has failed on numerous occasions. I replaced the PCB and thought i would have to replace the fan once again, but my father in law stripped the fan and said it had simply seized and that the air pressure switch was stuck. He got the switch too move freely again.
A week later the boiler failed again and he said that i needed to get a new air pressure switch. I ordered a replacement part (new from eBay) and fitted it. To my annoyance the dam boiler has failed again!!
Again i think the fan motor has burnt out as there is a plastic type smell from it. I haven't taken it apart yet due to the time of night, but wanted to know if there was a common cause to my pain and misery? The boiler has been boxed in with a fake cupboard but has holes at the top and bottom to allow air to circulate. Suggestions please... :evil:

Sponsored Links
time for a professional to have a look at it.
i would say pretty rapid too, you faffing about has probably invalidated any house/buildings insurance you have.

Just didn't want to pay a fortune if there is a common problem or if this problem had been experienced by many others.
Thanks for the advice though, got a friend of a friend who works for Swalec, so will have to get him in asap.

does the friend of a friend have his own gassafe registration number and public liability insurance? is he qualified to work on boilers or just meters etc?

not as simple as it sounds really is it?

Sponsored Links
all i know is that he services boilers, so i guess so? will ask

He may be gas reg and insured when doing Swalec work!

But he will be neither when working on the side!

Tony

Thank you all for your comments. Talking to Swalec now to get a new boiler installed professionally.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back