Problems with Cistern Installation - Leakage and Hissing??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - can anybody throw any light on this problem please? I have just fitted a new Mytime toilet and cistern and everything seemed fine with no leakages and flushing worked perfectly. However, about a minute after the cistern refilled after flushing I noticed a slight hissing sound and the water level started to drop very slowly. After flushing again, the hissing stopped but then starts again about a minute later. The water is not running out of the overflow (as the level is not that high) and it is not seeping into the pan and there is no external leakage, so I am at loss to see where the water is going and why it is hissing. I hope this makes sense to somebody out there - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am busting to try out my new toilet!

Sponsored Links
The water is not running out of the overflow (as the level is not that high) and it is not seeping into the pan and there is no external leakage,
got to be going somewhere.
if you say you can see the water level drop slowly i would say it's going in the pan as an external leak would show up pretty quick.
would say the hiss is the mains pressure from the fill valve.
I am busting to try out my new toilet!

you can still use it.

Thanks - i think you are right it must be going into the pan, but any ideas on how to stop it leaking and hissing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back