Hissing cistern .... not sure what is wrong?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

I am really hoping someone can help me.. my toilet cistern has been making a hissing sound the past few days so i opened up the top ( it has a double button for flushing).. if you look at the picture i have posted the large white ridged screw on the left had water spraying out it... any ideas what i can do to fix it?? i tried to tighten it but nothing happened and when i slacked it off a bit the water came in faster and went above the water level line and was just running down the sides of the inside of the toilet where the water comes down when flushed!! ... Do i need to buy a new part??.. right now i have just lifted a bit up and the noise goes away and also no water comes in...

I don't have a clue??

any help would be most appreciated!

Carolynne

View media item 53510

Sponsored Links
Screw the grey threaded part, next to the white nut, in (or out) to make the water shut off at a lower level. See if that helps.

ok.. will go try that now.. thanks for your quick reply!

Carolynne

Just tried lowering the grey threaded screw and has not made any difference? the water just continues to rise up and overflows the parts and all you hear is the water draining away around the bowl!!

Any other suggestions ??

thanks
Carolynne

Sponsored Links
is that the full thing on the left - is that just one piece?..

thanks
carolynne

ok great!! many thanks for all your replies.. i will get one ordered tonight!

Carolynne

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back