Toilet Cistern not filling properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our toilet cistern system is one of those where the pushing the button tightens a wire in a cable to flush the loo. I hope that makes sense - I'm no toilet plumbing expert!! :LOL:

Anyhow, the button to push recently broke and fell out (I need to replace it, but you can still flush by pushing the bit the button goes onto so it's not been a high priority job). Just recently though the loo has stopped filling up properly. Rather than flowing freely, it hisses. In other words something is blocked. The floater thing still goes up and down, but it seems that the bit that screws on to the water supply from the floater isn't working as it should. I took this bit off and cleaned it and that seemed to solve the issue for a few days, but it's happening again. Does anyone have any bright ideas as to what I need to do?

Sorry about the vagueness of this post - I have no idea about cisterns!! I'll post photos later if anyone thinks they will help diagnosing the issue.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back