Problems with Hotpoint FF200 L

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Hotpoint FF200L, and I have had a number of issues - was hoping someone could help. I should say, that this model seems to be one of the most talked about, so really should have thought better before purchasing.

Anyway, had the standard issue of freezer cold but fridge warm, realised that for the time I have to defrost the back with a hairdryer and repeat every few weeks. However, a new issue has come up - every few hours the fridge beeps randomly and flashes both super freeze and super cool button (looking in the Manual this means that the freezer is at an unsafe temperature). The odd thing is, the freezer is cold but because of the protective setting it turns the fridge off until you reset - As you can imagine this is a nightmare coming down in the morning realising the FF has been turned off for half the night. With the information provided, I can only think that the temperature control unit is broken, but wondered if anyone had any experience of this before and might of found a quick fix - its on its last legs anyway, just need it to survive till end of lockdown, wondered if anyone had any solutions that I could try?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back