problems with my baxi solo 2 pf40 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

can any one help me with this problem? i have a baxi solo 2 pf 40 boiler, i have recently had the pcb fixed and it works normally now but when i leave it on for about an hour the radiators become too hot to touch and it makes aload of banging and then the boiler switches it self off because it has overheated. so i was wondering if the thermostat is doing its job properly or not?

And also when i turn the heating off by the wall the burner light does not turn off it keeps on burning but the boiler light only switches off can you tell me why that is?

Sponsored Links
When the new PCB was fitted, has the Permanent Live and Switched Live become swapped round??

otherwise Thermistor fault (unlikely!)

I'm not talking about SWITCHES!!!! I'm talking about the WIRING!!!

Permanent Live = 230Vac at ALL TIMES
Switched Live = 230Vac on demand for CH or HW

if these have accidently been swapped when the new board was fitted, then the symptoms you describe COULD occur! ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back