Problems with New-ish Drayton Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a new build property (10 months old).

I went to turn on our living room radiator this evening and could not move the thermostat at all (admitedly it had been put to 0, which I now realise was a mistake).

I removed the white platic cap, by loosening the nut just underneath, until it came off. As soon as I did this hot water began flowing through the entire radiator.

However, the adjuster on the white cap is still stuck solid. I'm afraid that when I put the cap back on it will not be able to adjust the water.

Any thoughts of comments please, I'm a complete novice!

Sponsored Links
SOme additional information.

The valve is a drayton rt212

The brass pin that is now visible can be pushed down but only about 3mm, even though it is about 10mm long.

Is it meant to be able to pushed al the way down or is 3mm about right?

The pins dont move very far. It is probably just the head that is stuck. If you can't free it up, take it along to a plumbers merchant and buy a replacement then just fit the new head onto the old valve.

Sponsored Links
Possibly but there are so many different TRVs that it would be a real stroke of luck if they had the one you need. A good plumbers merchant will have it on the shelf or be able to get you one in a day or two. Or you could buy online.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back