Problems with tepid shower water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Ariston EuroCombi boiler and Mira Excel B mixer shower.

I'm currently experiencing some oddities with the plumbing because when I turn on the shower, the water only ever gets warm and stays warm. However, when I turn on the bath hot water tap, leave it running, then turn on the shower the water is hot.

Any ideas or suggestions would be really welcome!

Kind regards

Ria

Sponsored Links
Turn off the heating and let the pipes cool, when the pipes are cool run the hot water and see if the central heating pipes start to get warm, post back what happens.

I have 5 pipes from the boiler - 3 'fat' and 2 'thin'.

When running the hot water one fat and one thin pipe get warm, the others remain cold.

The diverter valve in the boiler needs to be replaced, make sure whoever you get to do it confirms the diagnosis before pulling the boiler to bits.

Sponsored Links
OK great, thanks very much for your help. I will report back once sorted.

Just to update you, I had an engineer round to fix the boiler. It turns out it was the heat exchanger, it was full of black gunk. Now that it's been cleaned out it the shower is lovely and hot!

Thanks for all your replies.

Thanks for the feed back, glad to hear you got it sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back