Problems with unvented hot water suystem

had a similar issue on a unvented cylinder, the problem was the diaphragm was resonating in the vessel because it was upright like in the picture, the manufactures advised me to mount the vessel in the horizontal position.
it doesn't sound like it would make a difference and i don't understand why it would.
but it did work and i now never mount them vertically.

Sponsored Links
just to add. the noise only happened first thing in the morning. and can't remember for the life in me what the tech advisor said was the cause.

Thanks Snigie. But the thing is, the cylinder has been in the house for 20 years and this problem only arose five months ago when they changed the boiler.

However, it does seem to be the case that the noise only occurs first thing in the morning. Or -- more specifically -- it seems to occur when my wife takes her shower, which is first thing. We don't get problems at other times, but maybe that's because there's nobody in the shower.

Sponsored Links
Did this ever get resolved, as I have exactly the same problem. Only seems to occur when a shower is run first thing in the morning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back