Problrme with 10mm microbore outlet valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently i removed a radiator for some decorating however i notice a damp patch on the wall a few days later and found that the outlet valve on the 10mm microbore piping was seeping slightly so i tightened it and it cured the problem.

However today i cam to refit the radiator and as i did so the valve moved and in doing so created an even worse leak i have tried numerous times to tighten and fix but to no avail so have resorted for now in draining the system until i can fix. Anyway can anyone tell me what could cause the problem i canot get the olive off and cannot see any cracks in the pipework. also would puch fitting be sufficient in a repair.

Sponsored Links
Mirco bore copper is notorious for this kind of problem. :evil: unfortunatly by the sound of it you've bent the pipe. (even the slightest of kinks will cause it to **** out :cry: ) and by keep tightening it you've crimped the pipe with the olive. best thing to do is cut it off and insert new section of pipework. remember to put rad on first so as not to sprain joints again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back