Process for turning on heated floor under Porcelain tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have fitted some electric Warmup heated floor loose lay cable/DPM system and positioned it as per the manufacturer’s instructions to have the potential to achieve the maximum heating effect of 230W/m2.

I fitted 10mm insulation/backer boards and then the special red sheet with castellation’s mat for the cable. I applied adhesive directly to mat and cables and fitted large (600 x900mm) porcelain tiles. Finally I grouted the tiles.

So I’ve been warned about heating the floor gradually or risk cracking tiles, so how long before I turn on?

Also how do I build the temperature up i.e. at what rate, per day, per hour etc., starting at what temperature to eventually get to maximum, can anybody suggest a sensible or known preferred pattern to insure no problems.

Plus once this is completed can I assume it’s always okay to turn it to maximum at any time from being off or is it wiser to stay away from maximum for a long period?

I appreciate any advice you can give me.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back