Product advice - impression making

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a product that would coat a plaster-cine model, that I could then carefully cut free, once dry, and leave me with an impression of the plaster-cine model. This might be either a rubber or plastic product.
All replies gratefully received. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but isn't latex only going to give me a thin skin, which would be very fluid once released. I would be hoping for a rigid cast of my model. Thanks again.

Could plaster of paris be your answer.....of course you'll lose a bit of the thickness when you cut it open, and a split mould could prevent this - as per traditional casting methods using cope and drag boxes.
I'm sure there's info on this in model making or jewellry making circles.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks John, I have already tried P of P and found it to be rather weak and ineffective for my needs. I might now try applying plaster directly to my model and see how that works. Cheers.

Resin casting is dramatically effective....so long as the OP can make the mould out of resin instead of plasticene of course!
We still don't know what this object is......
John :)

they can also make silicone moulds from your object, then cast it in the resin,

I am not sure if they could make a silicone mould from plasticene tho.

Paul

Thanks for all your idea's chaps, I'll consider them over the w/e. The object is just an abstract sculpture or will be once finished. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back