profile 60e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice needed desperatley - My profile does not retain its pilot light. When activated by the EP it sometimes lights up but only stays lit for about 3 minutes then goes out. No hot water and no central heating as a result. Any suggestions welcome!

Sponsored Links
Your Profile does not have a permanent pilot light.

It lights the gas when it needs to.

From what you have said I cannot guess what the problem might be because I dont have enough of a technical description of the behaviour.

It sounds to me more likely that the boiler is fine but the pump has failed.

Tony

Thanks Tony, I can hear the fan running and the boiler 'revving up' in what I assume is an attempt to fire up, but no joy. The outer casing of the boiler does get warm after a few minutes of this revving up but no hot water at all. There is also no pilot light at all during this phase. Hope this is helpful.

Sponsored Links
I am more interested in the flow and return temperatures.

If its really not lighting then that might be a different problem to the one you described in your first post when you said it lights up for three minutes!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back