Profiling air passengers

OK, if it makes you happy Joe, they grill some people more than others, and they may even base that on if they are an Arab are not, but the fact remains that everyone, even your blameless white granny, will get an extremely thorough grilling, and it is my guess that the majority of British travellers will not stand for that, even as part of the great fight against terror.

It has only been four days since the supposed bomb plot was thwarted and they've already had to downgrade the terror level because of people whining about the queues, so I can hardly see routine interrogation of everybody becoming a matter of course (which is what the Israelis do).

Sponsored Links
Most of this travel is totally needless, the aviation industry is not paying anything like a fair price given the pollution they cause.

This £20 to Spain for the weekend etc is a total waste of limited resources.

We need to think more about the future, scrapping the Aviation free for all would be a good start.

Off topic I know.....but having everything built in that far Eastern environmental hell hole called China is the same thing.

Politicians should get a grip and start to encourage a manufacturing move back to where production is needed and stop pandering to wealthy companies.

profiling = racism!

And it's not particularly efficient, since the terrorists will simply change tactics in response.

The relevant services are always playing catchup, and at the beck and call of politicians - in other words our security is dictated by the next political 'crisis' or convenience!

omg thats so far removed from racism its funny

wake up there is a threat and if your a beardy one then your going to be looked at

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Slogger said:

in exactly the same 'funny way' that 'stop and search' wasn't used against blacks and other minority groups?..
:rolleyes:

ellal said:
profiling = racism!

And it's not particularly efficient, since the terrorists will simply change tactics in response.

The relevant services are always playing catchup, and at the beck and call of politicians - in other words our security is dictated by the next political 'crisis' or convenience!

What if it were ginger people committing the act? What race would that be racist against?

Why don't you find out what this latest buzz word actually means without just spouting it?

ellal said:
Slogger said:

in exactly the same 'funny way' that 'stop and search' wasn't used against blacks and other minority groups?..
:rolleyes:

So it's racism to search a black youth for a gun - but what about stopping and searching a white skinhead for a knife? Is that racism?
Maybe the Police should stop old granny and frisk her for guns and knives just to prove they aren't racist?? Get a grip huh?

remember the nazis at the train stations jews to the left and the rest to the right

so should muslims be put on planes together.

to me me its a bit ovious what should be done but if i said it i would be labeled racist.

ok lets fly mix race and do a bit off high shy diving when the bombs go
off

lets hope its the 6 year old daughter of the do gooders. get a grip and stop pretending your in control, these musis are out to kill your kids they dont give a ferrit how old they are. they are animals but do gooders cant see this untill its their kin.

Question for bob...

i believe your going to cuba soon...your at the airport,and in front of you at check-in,there is chap with a black beard and dressed in white robe type clothing,and he is carrying a small bag.He is about make is way to the departure lounge.This chap is on the same flight as you.

Do you continue your journey..???

joe-90 said:
So it's racism to search a black youth for a gun - but what about stopping and searching a white skinhead for a knife? Is that racism?
Maybe the Police should stop old granny and frisk her for guns and knives just to prove they aren't racist?? Get a grip huh?

It's the way it's implemented..the racism in the system meant that many times more blacks were stopped than whites. Then the police tried to justify it by saying blacks were much more likely to commit crime, therefore more stops and so on - a self fullfilling prophesy!

Put in profiling, and the same will happen. And the gullible public will think more safety is in the system, and yet all that will happen is the build up of yet more anger, leading to more 'suspicious behaviour' and more 'segregation'..and we won't be any safer whatsoever, because guess what - the tactics will change!

Get it yet?.. :rolleyes:

ellal said:
joe-90 said:

It's the way it's implemented..the racism in the system meant that many times more blacks were stopped than whites. Then the police tried to justify it by saying blacks were much more likely to commit crime, therefore more stops and so on - a self fullfilling prophesy!

Put in profiling, and the same will happen. And the gullible public will think more safety is in the system, and yet all that will happen is the build up of yet more anger, leading to more 'suspicious behaviour' and more 'segregation'..and we won't be any safer whatsoever, because guess what - the tactics will change!

Get it yet?.. :rolleyes:

I live in Notttingham. I know that the majority of gun crime is committed by blacks. That's a fact. No argument.

If you want to target gun crime then you must target young black males.

If you want to target car crime then target young white males.

If you want to target white-collar crime then you target middle-aged white males.

It's just like fishing. If you want to catch pike you go where the pike are feeding.

Gedditt yet? If you tie the hands of the Police you won't get the same level of protection. PC used to stand for Police Constable - today it stands for Polictically Correct.

joe-90 said:
I live in Notttingham. I know that the majority of gun crime is committed by blacks. That's a fact. No argument.

If you want to target gun crime then you must target young black males.

If you want to target car crime then target young white males.

If you want to target white-collar crime then you target middle-aged white males.

It's just like fishing. If you want to catch pike you go where the pike are feeding.

I live where there is a low population of 'minorities'...They still get disproportionately stopped/harrassed, despite the crime statistics.

I have a friend who's been stopped more than once for 'being out of her area'!

So, who's being targetted?..

ellal said:
joe-90 said:
I live where there is a low population of 'minorities'...They still get disproportionately stopped/harrassed, despite the crime statistics.

Xenophiles never live amongst those they claim to support. Go live in a big city and you'll surely change your mind.

joe-90 said:
Xenophiles never live amongst those they claim to support. Go live in a big city and you'll surely change your mind.

Did I say I never have done?( :rolleyes: )...luckily I'm able to have had experience of living in many different 'communities', so havn't been 'restricted' in their views like some people!!

ellal said:
joe-90 said:

Did I say I never have done?( :rolleyes: )...luckily I'm able to have had experience of living in many different 'communities', so havn't been 'restricted' in their views like some people!!

Which people would those be?

Sponsored Links
Back