Profiling air passengers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It sounds like a good idea to me. Target those that are the most likely to become suicide bombers and you'll be able to funnel resources where they are needed - checking out the Muslim population. Take them to one side and scan them with ultrasound and x-rays. If they don't like it - then tough - sort out your Muslim problems and rejoin society.

Let's face it - this is a Muslim problem. They obviously don't want to sort the problem - they want the UK and the rest of the West to do what THEY want us to do. Take a hike. If this country isn't to your liking go to a country that is. It's called IMMIGRATION and it works in BOTH directions.

Last year 340,000 Brits left these shores to go to places they believed would better suit their lifestyles. If these Muslims want Sharia Law - then go and live under a regime that practices it as it will never happen here.

So isn't it about time they thought things through and thought about where in the world they wish to live?

Until that time - profiling is the way to go.

Sponsored Links
BUT they wont get the health care and free cash handouts in other countrys did you forget BRITAIN is an easy touch for MOOCHERS

joe-90 said:
Take them to one side and scan them with ultrasound and x-rays. If they don't like it - then tough - sort out your Muslim problems and rejoin society.
I like to go one better, why not ultrasound & X-ray everybody's at the aeroplane door entrance when broading the plane. What's the point of X-ray/scan in the shopping area as anything can happen between there and the aeroplane entrance :?: They are not body search again once they're though custom check out point are they :?:

Sponsored Links
Just a question though, how are you going to identify a Muslim to subject him to further scrutiny ?

You could pull aside all Asians, but then you are going to needlessly include Atheists, Christians, Hindus and Sikhs.

And then you get 'black' Muslims too (at least one of the alleged 21st July bombers was).

So you could pull aside all non-whites.

But, of course, there are some white muslims too, like your Bosnians and Serbs.

Maybe we should just pull over 'beardy f*ckers' ?

Or maybe we could brand all muslims and then we would know to be suspicious ?

Incidentally, there is no need to pull anyone aside as there are mm-Wave scanners available at about 94GHz which can 'see through' clothing in real time and detect non-metallic items (in fact the technology has existed for a long time, but the sticking point used to be computer power to analyse the vast datastream that comes out of them - now that has been solved, achieving a scanning antenna at reasonable cost was a sticking point that too has been largely resolved, but it is still cost that is holding up their deployment.

Because of privacy concerns, they are working on algorithms to automatically fuzz out any 'naughty bits' on the resultant images, so if you want to smuggle anything onto a plane you need to conceal it within a pair of plastic breasts or similar. The scanners are passive (i.e they measure radiation that you naturally give off, as opposed to X-Rays that need to radiate you first) so there are no health concerns.

johnny_t said:
Just a question though, how are you going to identify a Muslim to subject him to further scrutiny ?

You could pull aside all Asians, but then you are going to needlessly include Atheists, Christians, Hindus and Sikhs.

And then you get 'black' Muslims too (at least one of the alleged 21st July bombers was).

So you could pull aside all non-whites.

But, of course, there are some white muslims too, like your Bosnians and Serbs.

Maybe we should just pull over 'beardy f*ckers' ?

Or maybe we could brand all muslims and then we would know to be suspicious ?

Incidentally, there is no need to pull anyone aside as there are mm-Wave scanners available at about 94GHz which can 'see through' clothing in real time and detect non-metallic items (in fact the technology has existed for a long time, but the sticking point used to be computer power to analyse the vast datastream that comes out of them - now that has been solved, achieving a scanning antenna at reasonable cost was a sticking point that too has been largely resolved, but it is still cost that is holding up their deployment.

Because of privacy concerns, they are working on algorithms to automatically fuzz out any 'naughty bits' on the resultant images, so if you want to smuggle anything onto a plane you need to conceal it within a pair of plastic breasts or similar. The scanners are passive (i.e they measure radiation that you naturally give off, as opposed to X-Rays that need to radiate you first) so there are no health concerns.

Let's scan white granny on her way to see her grandkids in Canada? You catch fish where the fish are feeding, fishing where they are not is a waste of time.
Then again let's be appathetic and check no-one.

BTW, when was the last time a Jewish airliner was brought down?
Whatever they are doing - let us do the same.

I'm only speaking from experience of Israeli airports where everyone gets a thorough grilling. I hereby bow to 'what you've heard' as being far more reliable.

johnny_t said:
I'm only speaking from experience of Israeli airports where everyone gets a thorough grilling. I hereby bow to 'what you've heard' as being far more reliable.

In other words you are talking waffle. The information I have provided is from the BBC and Sky News. I guess I'll believe them thanx all the same.

joe-90 said:
The information I have provided is from the BBC and Sky News. I guess I'll believe them thanx all the same.

I suppose you'll be quoting the Sun next?

Pensdown said:
joe-90 said:
The information I have provided is from the BBC and Sky News. I guess I'll believe them thanx all the same.

I suppose you'll be quoting the Sun next?

If the Sun is saying the same as all the other papers and news teams are - well why not? Or is Johnnyt privvy to information the rest of the world isn't?

Well as I've been travelling regularly to Israel by plane for several years, I obviously have more experience of the check-in grilling than you do, and I can assure you that they put EVERYONE through the wringer.

To recap what you now seem to be arguing about, you said.....

...and I told you. Why does that make you so cranky (given that you are the self-professed voice of politeness on here) ?

johnny_t said:
Well as I've been travelling regularly to Israel by plane for several years, I obviously have more experience of the check-in grilling than you do, and I can assure you that they put EVERYONE through the wringer.

To recap what you now seem to be arguing about, you said.....

...and I told you. Why does that make you so cranky (given that you are the self-professed voice of politeness on here) ?

What then is passenger profiling that the press are talking about that was pioneered by the Israelis? Then again if Johnnyt says it doesn't exist - who are the rest of the world to argue?

Sponsored Links
Back