prog. room stat and ufh

M

marsaday

i have spoken to the electrician who will be wiring in my ufh (wet). it has its own flow/return and so will work off a danfoss programmable room stat.

we dont have a programmer for our new combi because that is to be done when the ufh gets wired up. again we are going to use a programmable room stat positioned in the hall where the current old basic stat is, to control the whole house heating.

my question is which Prog room stat should i look to buy. i dont need a 7 day programmer, just a 24h one. what make is best. i would like to get the best if it is only a bit more than a standard one. i was under the impression honeywell was pretty good. we dont need a wireless one because the wiring is in for the old room stat (although this may not have enough wires - havent checked yet).

Sponsored Links
It appears to me that you have spoken to your electrician and are under the impression that a Honeywell would be a good choice.

That would be fine.

i havent spoken to the electrician about the stat. i am here for some advise. dont post if its not helpful. what honeywell model should it be then?

Sponsored Links
so you've done it again!!!!!!

read my post and provide me with some info. if not don't post.

if anyone out there can help i would like to know what prog. room stats are good ones to use and what models i should be looking at. if you have info on special features then that would be helpful too.

Honeywell v. good, but you need Honeywell money.

I'm a fan of the Drayton lifestyle range for an affordable, reliable, easy to use prog room stat. Expect to pay around £45.

For around £70 Salus do an RF (wireless) version that I've always liked, includes volt-free option as well, but seeing as your obviously having major work done at the moment, hard-wired is always preferable in my opinion.

Single channel 24hr programmable room stat is what you need to ask for.

I read your post. I then clarified what I understood to be your position. I then gave you clear advice in response to your question, by agreeing that Honeywell would be fine. I was also polite. Unlike some **ts.

clicksure

Thanks for your info. i will look into what you suggested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back