Can wireless stats be wired up ?

I want to use the prog room stat with the screen, bot the transmiter box.
[assuming you mean "not the transmitter box]. It's the 'transmitter box' which contains the temperature sensor, so you couldn't use the other bits of the system without it.
If i cant use it i may sell it on gumtree and get a wired unit.
Given that you have the required cable in place, that would certainly be the simplest (and, IMO, most sensible) course. It's not as if standard wired thermostats are very expensive - you'll probably make a profit if you can sell the wireless one!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
31AE7EHnK0L.jpg

On the left is the receiver which is wired and switches the boiler (or whatever).

On the right is the sender unit - programmer/thermostat/transmitter which can be placed anywhere.

Sponsored Links
On the left is the receiver which is wired and switches the boiler (or whatever). ... On the right is the sender unit - programmer/thermostat/transmitter which can be placed anywhere.
Sure, I understand all that :)

What I am "proper confused" about is
I want to use the prog room stat with the screen, bot the transmiter box.
If "bot" does not mean "not", what does it mean? - and if it does mean "not", that seems inconsistent with what you and I understand about the two components of the system.

Kind Regards, John

I want to use the stat transmitter and NOT the receiver.

Thanks for info, hope everyone understands what i wnated to do, but will just buy a wired stat.

I want to use the stat transmitter and NOT the receiver.
Thanks for clarifying. As you will realise, that is how I (if not others!) have interpreted your question all along - and, as I (and EFLI) have said, you just can't do that. Apart from anything else, the transmitter has no terminals to attach wiring to, nor the internal switching facility which it would have to have - it merely sends messages to the receiver, which is where the wiring connects and the switching occurs.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back