Wiring an infrared panel heater to a stat/receiver via a fused spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a Surya Infrared 750W panel wall heater with separate stat.

I have installed a 13 amp fused spur under where the infrared wall panel heater is to go.

To this I have connected a Salus RT510RF receiver which will connect wirelessly to the Salus thermostat/programmer.

Reading the instructions for the heater it says it should be plugged into a mains socket, but the heater is supplied without a stat in it, so assumed as a stand alone wall mounted heater. Am I correct to wire the infrared panel heater, to the appropriate connections in the Salus receiver?

e.g. mains supply to supply points of fused spur, wired from load positions in fused spur to supply in receiver, then out of receiver to infrared panel heater.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
The problem/advantage with Infrared is it does not heat the air, it heats what ever is within range so controlling with a air sampling thermostat is rather hit and miss.

Interesting comment ericmark, so the thermostat needs to be in line of the rays from the heater.

So would you say the wiring should be as stated above, through the stat/receiver?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back