Programmer Fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been dragged ‘reluctantly’ into looking at someones CH system by his daughter. The system uses a 4073 and an EP2000 controller. It appears that all wiring goes onto the controller backplate. I’m just familiar with Y-Plan wiring.

The system now will only run in HW mode and when HW is calling for heat. Looking at heat flow around the system it appears that the 4073 is stuck in mid position and I hear it clicking every few seconds. The room thermostat ‘clicks’ when moved so probably that is ok.

In the last month or so it appears, maybe not at the same time, that the 4073( head and valve), pump and a couple of radiator valves have been changed (by an electrician acquaintance) I see the old bits in a box. By what I’m told I’m not convinced that the system has worked correctly for some time.

So I put my 4073 head onto the valve. No clicking but system would only work as before. I’m reluctant to tell them to get a new controller. I have an EP2001, can I try it on their backplate to see if that is the fault? I don’t want to damage my controller. My system is wired Y-Plan. I just want to know if the system will run in CH mode.

One thing that I didn’t check was to see if the new 4073 valve is seized. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would suspect a wiring issue instead of timer or stats.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back