Project Hot Tub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, after a bit of advice on my project for next year. Basically we bought a house this year which had a hot tub in the decking. Which is great and I love it(after draining it and giving it a full on scrub first). However the other half doesn't like it as although our garden is really overlooked that badly, she wants it covered some how so it feels more private. I want to make it usable for us both as I thinks it's a great feature to have.

I've had a few ideas around either bamboo screening or a custom built shed/summer house type thing over it. On the latter I am a little concerned about the height as it would be higher than the fence to next door. Don't want something ugly.

Here is a picture, please excuse the state of the garden, we haven't touched it since moving in. The grape vine needs cutting back.

f15a2e128fcec41f7f9a0635d375742a_zps5867971a.jpg

Bamboo screening

One idea is to have bamboo screen around the edge of the hot tub and over the top to create a little grotto. I would need to install at 3-4 new vertical posts to support this. A couple of layers on the roof to keep it as dry as possible. The height is around 2m. As it has electric I then thought of outdoor twinkly lights in there to light it up.

Any idea how long lasting bamboo screen is? Can you suggest anything else that may do the trick.

A quick sketch I did:
c3d32eb7e9b0694671d2f3f0537bd768_zps5dc2b1d8.jpg

Plotted it out:
60195830ba9b62ea88399b1c55c1f3d5_zpsf0d4ce7e.jpg

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Do exactly as the drawings, though you might consider hinging the two front panels, allowing them to open up when the need arises?

Are you going to roof it, or leave it open?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back