Projection Plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone had any experience with projection plaster like Knauf MP75?
It sounds almost too good to be true:
Apparently 3 people can finish over 150 sq.m. of wall in a day, it only takes a couple of weeks to dry out etc.
I am considering doing a new property with it but a bit concerned about it being relatively new here.
Any comments would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
who told you this g "Apparently 3 people can finish over 150 sq.m. of wall in a day, it only takes a couple of weeks to dry out etc."

who told you this g "Apparently 3 people can finish over 150 sq.m. of wall in a day, it only takes a couple of weeks to dry out etc."

Knauf have a DVD showing the system being applied and it looks very good. I have also spoken to a couple of people at Knauf. However, I would feel happier if I could get some opinions from the other side of the fence.

Sponsored Links
150m of whatever is only 50m each if three blokes are doing it so it doesnt seem like an imposible task, most decent plasterers can cover 50m a day, easier if your really good. G you say "It sounds almost too good to be true:
Apparently 3 people can finish over 150 sq.m. of wall in a day" Im not havin a go but it isnt unbelievable. ;)

To be honest, if they can't finish 150m2 on a good run they shouldn't be doing it.

Of course it depends on the areas, like anything else. One man skimming can put on 60m2 in one hit on flat work, but struggle to put on 15 in an attic room with dormer windows and splays.

In commercial work like hospitals, schools etc you can get the runs to spray that amount. I suspect that is the kind of work in the video.

The MP75 is a slow setting material, and is brought back a bit when you sponge it, which helps.

The finish is a bit different, though, (now I have not used it for a few years and lads tell me is has changed) not quite as smooth as BG finish.

I use a machine to spray monocouche, and often put on 80m2, roughly twice as thick and with a lot more work to finish and prepare for the next day. You can spray 50-60 m2 of that in an hour easily, so the 150 for the one coat knauf is not outlandish - but remember you must still prepare for the next day's spray and write off the cost of the machine (£8k) and rotor/staor replacement (£80 each) and servicing (couple of hundred a year), and protection for windows etc Do your homework on cost of material comparison too.

If you are considering getting it done in your house, make sure, if possible, that you look at some of their work before it is painted as well as after to see any difference in texture.

Drying time won't make a bit of difference to you if you use this or hardwall and skim.

Likewise, if you get a 2+1 gang in with hardwall, who is to say that they won't knock out 60- 90m a day for you - I would be more concerned about the quality of the work done and the calibre of the men doing it than getting extra metres done, if it was my house.

Thanks Micilin, thats very helpful. :D
In fact you are correct, the man from Knauf said most gangs can do do more than 150 sq.m. per day.
I will try to get to see some of this locally.
Do you have any reservations about using it on a new build project? Did you stop using it because of problems with the system?
Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back