property searches (e.g. land titles leasehold)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
morning all

thinking about buying another property but we've been told that the original sale fell through because of complications.....

we've asked around and no-one is prepared to give us information on why the sale fell through (previous customer had already paid for the information so it wouldn't be fair to pass it on, customer confidentiality ETc... - which i totally understand and agree with).

would be really helpful if anyone has got any web addresses that we can research information on about property e.g. land registry?? errrrr. that's the only thing i can think off (quite new too all this buying lark).

we don't want to spend loads of money on a solicitor and find 2 months down the line that it would be a stupid buy (not so much the money as the time wasted)

would appreciate any help on this matter

cheers

ady

Sponsored Links
There is a Which publication called something like "The Which Guide to Buying and Selling a House". This shows you all the steps you need to go through and who to contact. You don't need to use a solicitor if you've got the time to do it yourself (but "time" is the operative word there).

I never understand why people pull out of deals through "complications" that you don't know about, after all, presumably you managed to buy your house OK in the first place.

thanks IanDB

will see if i can't find a publication :O)

we've had a bit more information back - allegedly they pulled out because they couldn't get building insurance because the property leasehold is owned by the council(?) - not sure how much i believe that, but either way we've now instructed our solicitors to go ahead and proceed with whatever it is they do (gulp!!)

The only people able to give you accurate and legally accepted information on property in England and Wales is HM Land Registry Office.

Do a search on the web and you will find the address of your nearest office, failing that get the number for the HQ which is in Lincolns Inn Fields in London.

Sponsored Links
found these which might be of use to people?

this - gives an idea of problems that could be assosicated with a postcode (e.g. past mining activities + area report)

this - area report

this - area property values (average) and links to land registry site - land reg search costs £2

this - property values on postcode

this has been quoted by a number of pages but it doesn't work for me!!

ta-tar

Back