Property / Land Title document issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Not sure this is right section of forum but here goes.

The previous owner of my property in 1998 purchased some of my next door neighbours garden and added it to theres, the title deeds for my property show house + land at back, there are two entry on the land registry one for the house and orginal garden the second for the land that was purchased from next door, its showing in my name.

Last year the neighbour who sold the land died, the house was sold, the new owners title document shows the land purchased by the old owners of mine as there's. I'm now being told that there solicitors says its up to me to prove its mine..... Obviously the old owner next door is dead so I can't ask her to confirm it and the previous owners of mine I cannot contact. The only evidence I have is the title deads showing the land in my name as of 1998, the lastest title document for next door I downloaded from land registry is dated 1978. Do you think that my title docs being newer will be enough or could I have a battle on my hands ?

Will talk to solicitor on Monday but its playing on my mind now.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Your title deeds will be sufficient.
When the land was transferred and your deeds were altered the deeds to the other property should also have been altered as the buyer would have needed the consent of the seller.
Failure for this is not your responsibility.

hi....i used to work at LR and they wouldnt have registered you as the owner of the land without proof....so imo, you dont have a problem. Though i guess the LR should also have updated the records on your neighbours property. Back then it was all done by hand..easy to make errors etc.

hope that helps a bit :cool:

Your title deeds will be sufficient.
When the land was transferred and your deeds were altered the deeds to the other property should also have been altered as the buyer would have needed the consent of the seller.
Failure for this is not your responsibility.

great minds....

Sponsored Links
So you are in agreement as well then Joe? ;)

Prefer Dianes reply to be honest. :LOL:

Back