Land registry : charges register

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm looking at buying a piece of land and I want to know more about it.
I've gone through the land registry and purchased a copy of the title.
There is a mention of a charges register, and I want to know what covenants are on the land and any other information relating to its use before I show my interest in buying it.
The title shows the contact details of the current owner, which is useful.
Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Sponsored Links
Yes also check the local authority for supplementary planning documents etc, as they could restrict things too.

Did you purchase the copy of the title online?

Got a link to the form you used?

Sponsored Links
Did you purchase the copy of the title online?

Got a link to the form you used?

Contacted the solicitor directly and he provided the documents. Sending in an OC2 form really wasn't necessary here

Moving on, I need information about doing a drainage search of the land and research suggests the CON29DW.
Is there a quick and easy way to get plans from the water authorities ?
Flood indicator search on the land registry obviously does not show location of any drains.
I want to rule out the possibility of any private/public drains on the land.
Thanks for any info ?

It's highly likely there will be no plans of drainage. E.g anything that used to be a private shared sewer is unlikely to be mapped. The fact that responsibility for shared sewers moved to the utility companies a few years ago, doesn't mean they now have maps. This has become obvious in my own garden where a meidum sized 3 house development next door was unaware of a shared sewer crossing the land until pointed out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back